With your support and caucus vote, we can create change, solve critical issues, keep pace with growing enrollment, and ensure that Arlington County Public Schools prepare students for their future.
As your School Board Representative, I will:
- Listen to your concerns and suggestions, and promote actionable solutions that support all students across our county.
- Implement an equity initiative across all schools & programs.
- Emphasize transparency and accountability as key School Board values to restore the community’s trust.
- Spearhead discussions concerning fundamental issues such as budgets, capacity, and student well-being.
Hello, I’m David Priddy and I am running for the Arlington County School Board.
Like you, I am passionate about achieving a quality 21st century education for all of our children in Arlington. I would like your vote in the May Democratic Caucus to be your voice on the Arlington County School Board.
A native Arlingtonian, I attended Arlington Public Schools (APS): Long Branch Elementary, Thomas Jefferson Middle School, and Wakefield High School. I graduated from James Madison University in 1996 with a degree in History.
With my wife Melanie, we are now following our sons’ educational experiences at Fleet Elementary and at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. Through coaching basketball, baseball, and soccer, I also have an appreciation of the rich sports programs available to our children. As part of my commitment to all parents and children in Arlington, I am privileged to serve on various local committees and organizations (see list below). This has given me greater insight into the concerns of the Arlington community as a whole.
A product of Arlington County Public Schools, I am pleased to see my children benefit from a quality education here. I have a front-row seat to four decades of positive changes, as well as to the challenges that Arlington County Schools face.
I would like to serve on the Arlington County Public School Board because I believe we can do better. I’ll help continue to build a stronger foundation for education in our county with greater transparency, a true collaboration with teachers and the community. I would like to help forge the outstanding Arlington School system that awaits us. It is with dedication and humility that I seek your vote for the Arlington County School Board.
Learn more about my platform – A Shared Vision!
Former and Present Committees and Organizations
- Abingdon PTA
- Patrick Henry PTA
- Fleet PTA
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School PTA (President 2019)
- Superintendent’s Advisory Committee on Equity and Excellence
- Member of Advisory Council on Instruction (ACI)
- County Council of PTAs (CCPTA)
- NAACP Education Committee
- Building Level Planning Committee (BLPC) for the Career Center Expansion
- Civ Fed Schools Committee
- Arlington Heights Civic Association Schools and Facilities Committee
- Black Parents of Arlington
- I Tutor students (3rd – 5th grade) two days a week through Aspire Afterschool Learning