We did it! Together we have won the Democratic endorsement for the School Board! I am honored to share that Cristina Diaz-Torres and I have been chosen by the caucus voters to represent the Democrats in the November election for Arlington County School Board. Terron Sims, Sandy Munnell, and Steven Krieger have been leaders in the community for many years and I thank them for their valuable contributions. They ran substantive campaigns that engaged the community and pushed all of us to work harder and understand each issue with more depth. I look forward to collaborating with Cristina as we continue to promote a platform around equity to Arlington Public Schools. Your voices for change have been heard and I am proud and humbled to have the support of the caucus and all of you! This is just the first step in our journey. Next step is the general election in November, and I look forward to your continued support.
With your support and caucus vote, we can create change, solve critical issues, keep pace with growing enrollment, and ensure that Arlington County Public Schools prepare students for their future.
As your School Board Representative, I will:
- Listen to your concerns and suggestions, and promote actionable solutions that support all students across our county.
- Implement an equity initiative across all schools & programs.
- Emphasize transparency and accountability as key School Board values to restore the community’s trust.
- Spearhead discussions concerning fundamental issues such as budgets, capacity, and student well-being.
Hello, I’m David Priddy and I am running for the Arlington County School Board.
Like you, I am passionate about achieving a quality 21st century education for all of our children in Arlington. I would like your vote in the May Democratic Caucus to be your voice on the Arlington County School Board.
A native Arlingtonian, I attended Arlington Public Schools (APS): Long Branch Elementary, Thomas Jefferson Middle School, and Wakefield High School. I graduated from James Madison University in 1996 with a degree in History.
With my wife Melanie, we are now following our sons’ educational experiences at Fleet Elementary and at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. Through coaching basketball, baseball, and soccer, I also have an appreciation of the rich sports programs available to our children. As part of my commitment to all parents and children in Arlington, I am privileged to serve on various local committees and organizations (see list below). This has given me greater insight into the concerns of the Arlington community as a whole.
A product of Arlington County Public Schools, I am pleased to see my children benefit from a quality education here. I have a front-row seat to four decades of positive changes, as well as to the challenges that Arlington County Schools face.
I would like to serve on the Arlington County Public School Board because I believe we can do better. I’ll help continue to build a stronger foundation for education in our county with greater transparency, a true collaboration with teachers and the community. I would like to help forge the outstanding Arlington School system that awaits us. It is with dedication and humility that I seek your vote for the Arlington County School Board.
Learn more about my platform – A Shared Vision!
Endorsements from Elected Officials and Community Leaders
- Alfonso Lopez, Virginia Delegate 49th District and House Majority Whip
- Matt De Ferranti, Arlington County Board
- Tannia Talento, Chair of the Arlington School Board
- Nancy Van Doren, Arlington School Board
- Ingrid H. Morroy, Commissioner of Revenue
- Mary Hynes, Former Arlington County Board and School Board Member
- Karen Darner, Former Virginia Delegate 49th District and retired educator
- Julius D. “JD” Spain, Sr, Community Leader and Former Democratic Candidate for Virginia House of Delegates
- Laura Saul Edwards, Community Leader and Grassroots Activist
Former and Present Committees and Organizations
- Abingdon PTA
- Patrick Henry PTA
- Fleet PTA
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School PTA (President 2019)
- Superintendent’s Advisory Committee on Equity and Excellence
- Member of Advisory Council on Instruction (ACI)
- County Council of PTAs (CCPTA)
- NAACP Education Committee
- Building Level Planning Committee (BLPC) for the Career Center Expansion
- Civ Fed Schools Committee
- Arlington Heights Civic Association Schools and Facilities Committee
- Black Parents of Arlington
- I Tutor students (3rd – 5th grade) two days a week through Aspire Afterschool Learning